Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pop!


Pammy likes poppies. I like poppies. And poppies are so easy to grow. They flower in the middle of winter, they sway on long slender stalks, the unopened flower buds look like stubble-haired punks, and they put on a nice show in all sorts of colours. 

And that's why I plant poppies every year. Growing tips? Toss seedlings over your shoulder and walk away. The poppies know what to do…

OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but these Iceland poppies really do love life, and I can't begin to tell you how much it makes me smile and feel colourful inside, just to see them again.



1 comment:

Sue O said...

I love poppies too! We had some lovely opium poppies growing at our house in Central Oregon, but last winter was very severe and hardly any came back. I was sad, but glad i saved millions of seeds from last year so that I can toss them over my shoulder next spring!